Joy to the world, the Lord has come! Let earth receive her King; Let every heart prepare Him room…
This is one of our favorite songs. As emotional as this year been, in sorrow and sadness we are also so grateful and joyful for all that God has done. We are so grateful for our family, and the calling God has given us. We rejoice in our trials and are grateful for the grace he’s bestowed upon us.
This fall Edgar has been working with the School of Ministry Development here at YWAM. In this school, Edgar has been individually mentoring them, giving guidance and pastoral care for them. A couple of them have left to go lead an outreach to Haiti for 6 weeks. The rest are on their way home to work in their local churches. It’s been a joy to see them grow.
Valeria comes from a non-Christian home in Colombia. She came here a little less than a year ago to grow in her relationship with God. Valeria came to know God through her aunt. Watching her grow has been amazing. Seeing her eyes light up when she discovers something knew about God, and her child like faith. Valeria didn’t have the money for this school. She stepped out in faith and God provided for her. Watching Valeria walk out her faith, and her deep desire to know God is contagious. God is calling her to reach her family and start a bible study with them. Please pray for her as she brings the gospel to her family.
In November Edgar went to Mexico for 3 weeks. He visited the church we helped plant in Guadalajara. We are grateful to report that they are doing well and growing. Edgar was able to visit with a number of different pastors, leaders and ministries. It’s been roughly 4 years since we were last there. Things have changed and not all for the better. While Edgar was there he was able to catch up with old friends, visit his family and pray about our future. We still don’t have any concrete answers if God is calling us back to Mexico. It actually brought up more questions. Please pray for clarity.
In the meantime, God has been using Jamie to reach women who are going through a tough time. God’s presence has ever been so vivid this fall. Jamie has been able to share in bible study with other women about God’s grace in difficult time. Currently it feels like when it rains it pours. A number of Jamie’s dear friends are going through losses. But God is good. We are reminded of this verse.
“Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”
This is what matters. Knowing God and believing in him. In the good , the easy and in the bad, the pain and hard times. God is moving. God is using the pain and sorrow to bring his glory to the nations. It is not always easy. But God has given us so much peace and assurance. We are His and we will live with him for eternity. That is our desire; that everyone may know him and be his.
• Over 150 youth went on short-term missions trip who grew closer to God and made a long term difference.
• More than 40 students came through YWAM’s training schools that equip young adults to reach the nations.
• A new latino young adults group ministry started that meet every week.
• For growth in the latino ministry youth
• A women’s bible study that started up again.
• For God’s provision and safety. For Edgar’s USA citizenship!
• For building a playground at a church preschool out at the Flathead Indian Reservation in Montana.
• For God’s grace in the midst of grief
• We praise God that Edgar who was able to visit his family after 4 years. He was also able to give pastoral care and visit with other 10 different ministries in Mexico.
• We praise God that Edgar knee is healed. It was injured this summer while on a missions trip and was on crunches for 3 weeks.
• We are so thankful for a healthy baby boy, Elijah.
We are so thankful that we got to spend time with Jamie’s family, and the assurance that Kristy is in heaven. We are looking forward to seeing them at Christmas again.
Thank you for all your prayers and support!